Tuesday 6 March 2018

Black and White with a Twist

I made this card for the StampTV Monthly Mix challenge - Black and White with a Twist. We need to add a pop of colour and a bow to our black and white project. I am also entering this in the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge - Anything Goes.



I began by stamping the background images with VersaMark ink on a piece of black cardstock. I heat embossed them with white embossing powder. 

I stamped the lighthouse in black and embossed it with clear powder. I coloured in the stripes and top part of the lighthouse to give the pop of colour. I matted this in red and adhered it to the background panel which was then added to a white card base. I didn't plan my background images well so I offset the focal image to show more of the background. I added the bow with some foam squares.


I used the following supplies:
Gina K. Designs By the Sea stamp set
VersaMark ink
Memento Tuxedo Black ink
Spectrum Noir: Alcohol Marker CR11
                         Ultra Smooth Premium White Cardstock
black cardstock, foam squares, ribbon, white and clear embossing powder from my stash

2 comments:

  1. This is so pretty and well designed. I saw this in the gallery but I am afraid to comment anymore at Stamp TV as then it seems my inbox fills up with so many emails lately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done! What a lovely card!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one.