Sunday 18 February 2018

Daffodil card and envelope

The challenge for February on StampTV is And The Envelope Please. We are to decorate an envelope and can make a matching card if we want.


I needed to make a birthday card for a good friend and decorated an envelope to go with it.

For the card, I stamped the daffodils, butterfly and sentiment in black and heat embossed them with clear embossing powder. I coloured the flowers and butterfly with alcohol markers and matted this layer with a piece of white cardstock that I had coloured with one of the green alcohol markers. I just coloured the edges that would be showing. I then attached this to a white card base.

For the envelope, I stamped the sentiment along the bottom of the envelope. I then stamped the butterflies and heat embossed them with clear powder. I stamped the daffodils on the flap of the envelope and heat embossed them with clear, as well. I then coloured them, holding the envelope open when I coloured the butterflies so that it wouldn't bleed through the back of the envelope.

Supplies used:
Gina K. Designs: Sending Love and Happy Birthday to You stamp sets
                            Grass Green ink
Memento Tuxedo Black ink
Spectrum Noir: Ultra Smooth Premium White Cardstock
                         Alcohol markers: CT2, CT3, GY4, LG4, LG5, AG4
Envelope, clear embossing powder from my stash

2 comments:

  1. So very gorgeous and a lovely Spring looking card design and envelope.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really lovely card and envelope.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one.