Saturday 9 December 2017

Snowflake background

I made this card for two challenges: StampTV MIUM - Create your own Patterned Paper, and ModSquad Challenge - What a Flake (have a snowflake on your project).



I thought it would be easy to combine these two challenges by making patterned paper with snowflakes. I randomly stamped the snowflakes on a piece of white cardstock with VersaMark ink and heat embossed them in white. Then I sponged over the cardstock with two shades of blue ink and rubbed over the snowflakes with a dry tissue to remove any ink that might be there. 

I stamped the sentiment and snowflakes on blue cardstock and heat embossed them in white. I used my PixScan mat and my Silhouette Cameo to cut out the sentiment, leaving a small border. I used the coordinating dies to cut out the snowflakes.

I matted the background before attaching it to a white card base and popped up the snowflakes with some foam squares. When I was putting the card together, I wasn't quite happy with it and my husband suggested that the sentiment could be in colour. I used my Spectrum Noir markers to colour over the white sentiment before using foam squares to attach it.

Supplies used:
Gina K. Designs: Seasonal Sentiments Stamp set and matching dies
                            White and Blue Denim cardstock
                            Powder Blue and Blue Denim ink
VersaMark ink
Spectrum Noir alcohol markers: BP2, PL2
Silhouette Cameo and PixScan mat
white embossing powder, foam squares from my stash

3 comments:

  1. I love this...great colors used and the snowflakes are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card...perfect for a December birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How beautiful, I love your gorgeous background. Using the snowflake die cuts are perfect as an embellishment and the frame is perfect here. Thanks so much for playing along with us for the snowflake challenge this week over at The Mod Squad. We hope to see you there again soon!
    Judy~ Mod Squad DT and Challenge Host

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one.