Saturday 7 October 2017

Vellum Birthday card

I made this card for a few challenges: StampTV MIUM - Vellum; StampTV Kit Addicts - Birthday; World Card Making Day - Scrapbook.com; Happy World Card Making Day - Simon Says Stamp.



I decided to use a technique I saw on Jennifer McGuire's site - using the vellum over an image on the cardstock below.



I stamped the first flower in the middle and then used masking paper to cover it up before stamping the other two flowers. I added the leaves in the same way. I just received the new sets of Spectrum Noir alcohol markers - Nature and Vintage and was eager to try them out. I coloured the images using the greens from the Nature set and the magentas from the Vintage set. I wanted fairly vibrant colours so they would show through the vellum layer. I used the heavy 120 lb. weight cardstock from Gina K. so I knew the markers wouldn't bleed through.

I lined up the vellum with the card base and stamped and embossed the flowers with white embossing powder. I stamped and embossed the sentiment, using black ink and clear embossing powder. I creased the top of the vellum and adhered it to the back of the cardstock. 

Gina K. Designs: Painted Autumn, Birthday Blessings stamp sets
         White heavy base weight cardstock
Memento Tuxedo Black ink
VersaMark ink
Inkadinkado stamping mask paper
Spectrum Noir alcohol markers: AG2, AG3, AG5, MG2, MG3, MG4
Forever in Time vellum
Scor Tape
White, clear embossing powder from my stash

2 comments:

  1. This is so gorgeous! I love the colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, and this vellum technique is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one.