Thursday 26 October 2017

Turquoise for September

This week, for the StampTV MIUM challenge, we were given a colour to go with each month of the year. We had to use the colour associated with our birth month. We could also use black, white and ivory. I am also entering this in the StampTV Kit Addicts Group challenge - Birthday Card, Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge - Monochrome and Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge - Anything Goes.


My birthday is in September, so I had to use aqua or turquoise. I decided to use the Turquoise Sea ink, cardstock and envelope by Gina K. Designs. I started by sponging the ink through a stencil onto a piece of white cardstock. While that dried, I formed my card base into a gate fold card by scoring 2 1/8" from each side and folding them onto the front so they met in the middle. I cut the stenciled piece in two and adhered one piece to each side.

I foiled the sentiment and cut it out with a stitched square die. I attached this to a postage stamp die cut and added them to the left hand side of the card front with some foam squares. I stamped a little flourish on the envelope to finish it off.

Supplies used:
Gina K. Designs: Turquoise Sea ink, cardstock and envelope
                            Happy Birthday foiling element in the Made with Love StampTV kit
                            Dazzling Dahlia stamp set
Plaid FolkArt stencil - Swirl Background
Cottage Cutz Stitched Square set die
Simon Says Stamp Postage Stamp Edge Frame die
foil, foam squares, adhesive, white cardstock from my stash

3 comments:

  1. Love the gate fold and this card. What a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello dawn! super sweet card, luv the stamping! I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    blog-paperie blooms
    ig-2klines

    sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an interesting concept to use your birth month color as inspiration! I, too, am a September child, so I loved seeing how you incorporated all those gorgeous shades of blue and turquoise. I love the structure of this card and how it looks so clean and professional, yet is still heartwarming. Thank you so much for sharing such an elegant piece with us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one.