Saturday 21 October 2017

Red, Green and White


The challenge this week at StampTV Mix it up Monday is Red, Green and White. I decided to make a treat box and enter the Scor-Pal More Than One Score challenge - Treat Holders.



I found this design on Pinterest and tweaked it a bit. I started with a piece of white cardstock cut to 8 1/2" x 5 1/2". With the 5 1/2" side at the top, I scored at 1 1/2" and 4". With the 8 1/2" side at the top, I scored at 1 3/4", 3 1/2", 5" and 6 3/4". I folded all of the score lines and then on the 5 1/2" side, I cut along the score lines between A and B and between B and C. I repeated this at the other end (between M, N and O). On the two 8 1/2" sides, I cut on the two middle score lines (both sides of G and I). 



To assemble the box, I folded up the two middle tabs on the long edge (G and I). Then I folded E up and brought D and F over G and I. I then folded A and C to the inside. I repeated the process, bringing K up, J and L over D and F and folding M and O to the inside. I added adhesive to the inside of J, L, M and O before folding. I hope I have described this well! If you have any questions, please leave a comment.

I added patterned paper to the outside faces, stamped and punched out the sentiment and added the holly stamp. Once I adhered this to the front with some foam squares, I added the holly berries with Liquid Pearls. I punched a hole in the top two sections before adding the ribbon. This will easily hold 2 of the chocolate balls shown.

Supplies used:
Gina K. Designs: Sentimental Holiday stamp set
                            Cold Snap patterned paper pack
                            Grass Green ink
Ruby Red Liquid Pearls
Decorative Label punch
Scor-Pal
White cardstock, ribbon, foam squares from my stash

1 comment:

  1. A wonderful little treat bag and those candies along side of it are so yummy too I am sure. The even are wrapped so festive!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one.