Friday 27 October 2017

Halloween Treat Holders

I decided to make some Halloween treat holders for the Scor-Pal More than One Score Challenge - Treat Holders. I am also entering it in the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes.



These are a matchbook style so they were so quick to make. I started with a page in the Witch's Dust paper pad. It is quite thick, so it's almost like cardstock. It measured 4 1/2" by 6 1/2" and I cut it in half to get two pieces of 2 1/4" by 6 1/2". It is reversible so I made one of each.

With the 6 1/2" side at the top, I scored at 3/4", 3 1/2" and 4". I folded up the 3/4" and stapled near the middle of the edge to make the bottom of the 'matchbook'. I folded along the other two score lines to make the top and front.

I stamped the two images and fussy cut the one with the bat. The spider image was cut with the Creative Memories circle cutting system. I matted it with another circle cut from orange cardstock. I adhered these to the front with some foam squares.

I filled each one with a treat sized candy bar.


Supplies used:
Recollections Witch’s Dust Halloween paper pad
Hampton Art Happy Halloween stamp set
Memento Tuxedo Black ink
Creative Memories Circle cutting system

Scor-Pal
yellow marker, foam squares, white and orange cardstock from my stash


3 comments:

  1. Delightful! What a great idea! Your cards just keep getting better and better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful idea for giving treats. These are so neat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The zig-zag papers are the perfect choice for your base, Dawn - what a fun project! Thanks for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one.