Friday 22 September 2017

Encouraging Words

The challenge this week on StampTV MIUM is Uplifting Words.




I decided to use a technique that I saw Jennifer McGuire show on her Blog. I used the largest 4 dies in the Scalloped Ovals set and taped them together with washi tape. I picked out 4 shades of pink cardstock and die cut the ovals out of each one. That left me with the 4 'frames' in each colour. I also cut out the largest oval from the front of a white card base.

Using an adhesive sheet, I covered a piece of white cardstock with adhesive and attached it to the back of the die cut front part of the card base. Starting with the darkest shade, I fit the frames onto the adhesive, like a puzzle. I ran it through my cuttlebug to make sure everything was well adhered. This left me with a smooth card front that I could stamp on.

I used my homemade stamp positioner and stamped the cat silhouette. I stamped it three times to make sure I had a nice, solid image. I stamped the sentiment and added the star sequins to finish off the card.  

Supplies used:

Gina K. Designs: Better with You stamp set
Memento Tuxedo Black ink
Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L Adhesive Sheets
Spellbinders Nestabilities Big Scalloped Ovals Large dies
sequins, pink and white cardstock from my stash

2 comments:

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one.