Wednesday 20 September 2017

Card Box

Today I made a box to hold cards for the Scor-Pal More than One Score challenge - Bags and Boxes. I am also entering it in the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge - Pop it Up.








I started with an 8 1/2" x 11" piece of heavy weight cardstock. Using the Scor-Pal, with the 11" side at the top, I scored at 2" and 6 1/2". With the 8 1/2" side at the top, I scored at 3 1/2" and 5". Then I scored at 1 1/2" only between the two horizontal lines and repeated this at 7".  I cut the score lines that were scored at 2" and 6 1/2" from the edges in to the scored lines at 3 1/2" and 5". This middle section will be the spine of the box. I creased all the folds well. I applied tape to the back side of the bottom strip and folded the ends up and inside the side flaps. I folded and taped the tops of the side flaps down. I cut a triangular piece from the two corners of the back piece before folding it up and taping the two side pieces to the sides of the base. 

For the top of the box, I started with a 6 13/16" x 7 5/8" piece of heavy weight cardstock. With the shorter side on top, I scored at 2 5/8" from each side. With the longer side on top, I scored at 1 9/16" from each side.  I cut the score lines from the edge of the short sides into the score line to make two tabs. After creasing all the folds, I folded in the sides and tabs and taped the ends to the tabs.  

I decorated the box with tan cardstock and green patterned paper. I added a flower to both sides with some foam squares and some sequins to the sides of the top.

Materials used:

Scor-Pal
Scor-Tape
Stampin' Up!: Flower Shop stamp set
                       Pansy punch
                       Cajun Craze ink   
Spectrum Noir alcohol markers: OR2, TN6, TN8
Sequins, ribbon, foam squares, patterned paper, cardstock from my stash

4 comments:

  1. That's a beautiful project. Great work making such a neat box.

    ReplyDelete
  2. fun little pop up...cute flower! I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

    blog-paperie blooms
    ig-2klines

    sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card box! Thank you so much for participating in our 'More than one fold' challenge at Scor-Pal!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one.