Wednesday 23 August 2017

Markers and Foiling

This week there is an unusual challenge on StampTV. We are to use the two digits of our birth date (single digits add a zero in front) and match them to a list to see what two items or techniques we need to use. My birth date is the 5th, so I had to use markers for the 0 and foiling for the 5. Here is my card.


I began by stamping the roses onto a piece of white cardstock and colouring them with alcohol markers. I added the sentiment and used a marker to outline the edge of the cardstock to create a tiny border.

I used a foiling element from a StampTV Kit and foiled it with the Silver Sequins foil. It is so hard to get a good picture but in real life it really sparkles. You can see a few of the sequin shapes that look different colours in the picture. I matted it with a piece of cardstock that I coloured with one of the markers that I used for the roses. I adhered this to a white card base and attached the rose layer with some foam squares.

This was a fun challenge that I really enjoyed.

I used the following supplies:
Gina K. Designs: Rose Bouquet, Birthday Blessings stamp sets
                             Silver Sequins Fancy Foils
                             Foiling element from Sending Love StampTV kit
Spectrum Noir: Ultra Smooth Premium White cardstock
                          Alcohol markers: PL1, PL2, PL3, PL5, LG3, LG5, JG1
Memento Tuxedo Black ink
foam squares from my stash

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that I was able to see this spectacular card in person. It's so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so gorgeous! What a fun way to come up with a card too! I might have to look at the challenge myself.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one.