Saturday 17 June 2017

Offset card

I needed to make a Father's Day card this week so I decided to make an offset card for the StampTV MIUM challenge: Offset is Awesome.


Jennifer McGuire did a striped background using strips of cardstock so I went to my scrap bin and pulled out some masculine colours. I cut them into strips, keeping them approximately the same width. I decided on the pattern and stuck them to a piece of cardstock that I had covered with adhesive. I matted this and adhered it to a 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" white card base.

I stamped the plants on a white piece of cardstock and cut them out with the matching die. I stamped the sentiment, added a strip of cardstock along the top and bottom of the cardstock and attached it to the base. After colouring the plants with alcohol markers, I popped them up with some foam squares and offset them.

Supplies used:
Gina K. Designs: Your Own Kind of Beautiful stamp set and matching die
                             Fabulous Holiday Fillers stamp set
Memento Tuxedo Black ink
Spectrum Noir: Smooth Premium White cardstock
                           Alcohol markers: TN3, TN5, TN7, OR1, OR2, CT2, CG1, CG2, DG2, DG3
Sookwang tape
scrap cardstock, foam squares from my stash

2 comments:

  1. What a stunning look! I am so amazed at the beautiful way you did the off set look with the patterned background. I have not had time to try this yet, but I just love the look you got with the new set. Mine just arrived in the mail today and I have been too busy to play with it but you sure have inspired me.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one.