Thursday 22 June 2017

Flowered card

The theological student that we had at our church this year is being ordained tonight, so I made this card for her. I am entering it in the StampTV MIUM challenge - Be Flowerful.


I started with two pieces of 6" x 12" white cardstock. I scored them at 6" and cut from the top of the score line to the bottom corner on both pieces. I adhered the 6" squares together to make the back of the card. The two fronts criss-cross to make a pocket.

I foiled a piece of the Petite Patterns patterned paper with gold foil. This patterned paper is made with toner so the foil will stick to the pattern. You can see the gold just above the sentiment. I cut the paper and matted it before attaching it to the two fronts of the card and the part of the back that shows through. I used some strong tape to attach the bottom of the front pieces.


Here you can see the pull out piece. I die cut the top to give it a nice shape.

I stamped the flowers and leaves, coloured them with alcohol markers and cut them out with the coordinating dies. I stamped the sentiment, cut it out and matted it. I attached the sentiment, and then the flowers and leaves, popping up the two on the left.

I used the following supplies:
Gina K. Designs: Dazzling Dahlia stamp set and coordinating dies
                             Sending Love stamp set
                             Dusty Rose and Applemint ink
                             Petite Patterns patterned paper
Bazzill Basics Simply Smooth white cardstock
Spectrum Noir Alcohol markers: DR6, DR1, CR6, LG5, LG4, LG2
Memento Tuxedo Black ink
Sizzix Window Frame dies
Spellbinders Big Scalloped Ovals Small die
Creative Memories Oval cutting system
Sookwang tape
gold foil, pink cardstock, foam squares from my stash

2 comments:

  1. A gorgeous card design and I love the beautiful coloring on your flowers. You really did an awesome job on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful card! I'm sure she will love it.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one.