Tuesday 23 May 2017

Masked Card

This week, we were asked to use masking on our card for the StampTV MIUM challenge - Masking. This technique involves stamping an image on your cardstock and then stamping it again on masking paper or a sticky note and cutting it out. You need paper that is slightly sticky on one side. Then you use the cut out image to cover the stamped image so that you can stamp other images partially on top of the first image. This makes it look like some images are behind the front images. It might be clearer when you look at my card.


I first stamped and embossed the greeting. I made a mask for that and stamped the first layer of flowers. I made masks for both sizes of flowers and stamped the second layer of flowers and the leaves. I kept moving the masks to cover the flowers I was stamping behind. Then I added some coloured rhinestones and I was done. I think the longest part was cutting out the masks!

Here are the supplies I used:
Gina K. Designs:  Made With Love, Massive Messages stamp sets
                              Dusty Rose, Jelly Bean Green, Turquoise Sea, Wild Wisteria, Wild Dandelion ink
Memento Tuxedo Black ink
Inkadinkado Stamping Mask Paper
clear embossing powder, white cardstock and rhinestones from my stash

2 comments:

  1. So very beautiful with all those pretty colored flowers. I think your card is gorgeous! So far I have not had time to play. Too busy with other mundane things. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely lovely card! They just keep getting better and better.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one.