Thursday 2 February 2017

Sympathy Card

This is a card I made for two challenges: StampTV MIUM - With Sympathy and Mod Squad Blog - Hearts and Flowers


 I needed a sympathy card this week, and wasn't sure if I would be able to combine the challenges but I think it works. 

I used a light pink ink to stencil the hearts onto a piece of white cardstock. On another piece of white cardstock, I stamped the flowers and sentiment. I made a rectangular mat for the image layer by using a square stitched die and partially running it through the machine. Then I moved the die down, matched the sides and ran it through the other way until it reached the previously cut area. I saw this technique on YouTube and it works really well. 

I matted the heart layer with a regular piece of black cardstock and ran some ribbon around it. I attached this to a white card base and popped up the focal image with some foam squares.

Supplies used: Gina K. Designs Love and Prayers stamp set
                                              Bubblegum Pink ink
                                              Color Companions Black Onyx ribbon
                                              White cardstock
ColorBox Lovely stencil
Memento Tuxedo Black ink
Cottage Cutz Stitched Square Set die
Scrapbook Adhesives Black foam squares
Black cardstock from my stash

3 comments:

  1. What a lovely design. I like the stenciled hearts and that focal image of the daisies looks fantastic with it. I am sorry a sympathy card was needed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the simple look of this card, and that soft background is perfect for a sympathy card....well done! Great take on the challenge, thanks so much for playing along with us this week over at Mod Squad.
    Judy - Challenge Host

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is so pretty but I also am impressed with your challenge combo. That is really clever of you to figure it out! TFS!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one.