Friday 18 November 2016

Thankful Joy Fold card


The StampTV MIUM challenge this week is to make a Thankful Joy Fold card. A joy fold card is a specific way of folding the cardstock. We had to make it a Thanksgiving or a Thank You card.




The hardest part of making this card was picking out the patterned paper to use. I had so many nice ones to choose from.

I cut my base to 4 1/4 x 7 3/4 inches and scored it at 5 1/2 inches. I cut a piece of patterned paper to fit the inside and another one to fit the front part of the card base. I cut another piece of cardstock for the top folding piece 3 x 6 inches, scored at 3 inches. I folded that one so that it opens on the left. I stamped the sentiment and used a square stitched die to cut it out and another one to cut a mat. I attached both of these onto the top folding piece and adhered this to my card base. I then added a piece of ribbon to tuck in the top fold. Here is an picture of it open.



Materials used:
Gina K. Designs: Sweet Mango cardstock
                             Made With Love patterned paper and stamp set
Cottage Cutz Stitched Square Set dies
Memento Tuxedo Black ink
ribbon and white cardstock from my stash

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card and I do love the Joy Fold designs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colour combo, and of course, I'm going to love a 'joy' fold. Ha! Ha!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one.