Friday 5 August 2016

Pierced card

This card is for two challenges - StampTV MIUM - Piercing and Mod Squad Blog - Bordered Sentiment - No Flowers.



I don't have any piercing templates so I decided to use the inside of a die for my piercing shape. I taped the die on the cardstock and pierced the corners first. Then I filled in the 4 sides, hoping my spacing was right so that I would end up with an even space at the corner. I think I did fairly well. I used a smaller die in the set to cut out the middle.

I stamped the sentiment, masked it and stamped the background. I stamped over the piercing which makes it a little hard to see in the picture. I scored a line above and below the sentiment to set it off. I stamped the focal image onto the card base and attached the front panel with some foam tape.

Supplies used:
Gina K. Designs: Turquoise Sea and White cardstock
                             Art from the Heart stamp set
                             Blue Lagoon ink
Stampin' Up! Sizzix Window Frame Framelits
Memento Tuxedo Black ink
piercer
foam tape

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful card design. I have to try piecing if I find time before the challenge is done. So much to do these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the card and, of course, I really loved the knitting theme. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this kit from Gina K. I have so many friends that are crafty, snd this is a perfect card for them. Love the color and your bordered sentiment. Thanks for joining us at the Mod Squad Challenge this week.
    Barbara, challenge host

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one.