Saturday 23 July 2016

Christmas Card with Acetate

This week's card is for the challenge StampTV MIUM Christmas in July.


I haven't worked much with acetate so it took a couple of tries to get it right. I was just using spare packaging so one curled up completely and even this one initially wrinkled but when I continued to heat it the acetate flattened out again.

I stamped the acetate with Versamark, sprinkled embossing powder and heated. On my card base I stamped the sentiment also in Versamark and embossed it. I adhered the acetate with foam squares that I cut into tiny pieces to hide behind the snowflakes. I used Clear Wink of Stella on the snowflakes to give them some shine. (but of course it doesn't show up well in the picture!)

Materials used:
Gina K. Designs: Sentimental Holiday stamp set and Cranberry Tart cardstock
piece of packaging
Versamark ink
Recollections Detail Embossing Powder - Snow
Clear Wink of Stella pen
foam squares from my stash

2 comments:

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one.