Sunday 26 June 2016

Sweet birthday card

I made a birthday card for the StampTV MIUM challenge - Coffee, Tea, Sweets, Oh My! I decided to make a birthday card with a cupcake and a cup of coffee.



I started with a piece of white cardstock and used my alcohol inks to create a background. I stamped the images and sentiments, coloured the coffee and cup and added a little bit of colour to the cupcake frosting. I cut them out and sponged the edges. I die cut the oval mat and punched out the circle mats. 

I matted the background and adhered this to a white card base.  I layered the images and sentiment onto the mats and then attached them to the background with some foam squares. I coloured some clear rhinestones with an alcohol marker and attached them onto the card front.

I used the following products:

Gina K. Designs: Square Pegs and How Sweet It Is stamp sets
                             Applemint ink
                             Applemint and White cardstock
Memento Tuxedo Black ink
Stampabilities Cotton Candy ink
Spectrum Noir markers: EB2, EB3, GG1, GG2, GG3, LG5
Stampin' Up! 1 3/4" scalloped circle punch
ek tools 1 1/2" circle punch
Recollections clear rhinestones
Homemade alcohol ink - Pink, Berry, Boysenberry
Scalloped oval die (not sure of the brand - bought it second hand)
oval die cut
Tombow mono adhesive
foam squares

2 comments:

  1. I love that background and cute images for the coffee, tea and sweets challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the background and what a nice sentiment. If you got the scalloped oval die from me, it was Stampin Up.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one.