Friday 15 April 2016

Negative and Positive

This week on the Mod Squad Blog, we are asked to use a die cut and have both the negative and positive cuts on our card. I am also entering this in the new StampTV Release Party Challenge where we are asked to divide a panel on our card into separate pieces.



I was thinking about the positive and negative challenge and then when the Release Party challenge was to divide a panel into pieces, I thought of this technique. I forgot how many little pieces are in this die when I picked it out to use!

I die cut half of the butterfly from the black cardstock and carefully removed all of the little pieces. I taped the cardstock onto a piece of white cardstock, lining it up about halfway across. I laid the die cut back in the hole and used this as a template to place the little pieces back in position. I then flipped the die cut over, ran it through my Xyron machine to put adhesive on the back and adhered it on the white side, matching it up with the negative side. I matted this layer and adhered it to the card base with some foam squares.

I stamped the sentiment, die cut and matted it, and adhered it below the butterfly image.

Here are the products I used:

Gina K. Designs: Birthday Blessings stamp set; Black, White and Sweet Mango cardstock
Die-Versions 'Butterfly Kisses' Whispers die
Sizzix/ Tim Holtz Celebrate die
VersaFine Onyx Black ink
Xyron Create a Sticker machine
Zig 2 way glue pen
Tombow Mono Adhesive
Foam Squares from my stash

5 comments:

  1. WOW! How delicate is that big beautiful butterfly? It's gorgeous, what a great die for this Challenge! Your card is so elegant! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Mod Squad Challenge Donna, Challenge Host.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so clever and must have the patience of a saint to place all those little pieces back in. But I sure think you did well with the positive and negative challenge. It is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Love the butterfly and pretty monochromatic design!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one.