Sunday 6 March 2016

Spring Colours

This week I made a card for a few challenges: StampTV MIUM Spring FeverMod Squad Blog Feature a Creature and Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Take a Leap into the Unknown.


For the Simon Says Stamp challenge, we were asked to try a new technique. I have recently made my own alcohol inks so I thought I would give them a try. I added different colours of ink onto a piece of photo paper and then used a straw to blow the ink around. It gave some interesting colours where the inks blended together.

I stamped the image and sentiment onto some white cardstock and cut out the oval shape. I die cut the oval mat and layered the two together. I matted the background layer with black cardstock and adhered everything together. I added a few rhinestones to capture some of the colours in the background.

I used the following supplies:

Gina K. Designs: Cardstock - Black Onyx and White
                             Stamp set - Better With You
Creative Memories Oval Cutting System
Spellbinders Nestibilities Big Scalloped Ovals Large
VersaFine Smokey Gray ink
HP Photo Paper
Homemade Alcohol inks - Turquoise, Banana, Pink and Boysenberry
Rhinestones from my stash

4 comments:

  1. Great background technique. Love the color mixture. Thanks for joining us at the Mod Squad Challenge Blog Feature a Creature this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your background. It makes a great frame for the focal image of those cute kitties!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you made your own alcohol inks, good for you! They make for a very vibrant background!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job! I love the way the background turned out.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one.