Friday 18 March 2016

Purple Flower

I made a card this week for the StampTV MIUM Spring Combo challenge. We have to use a die for embossing and have a flower as our focal image. Here's what I came up with.


I found it hard to get a good picture. This looks a little more blue than my card.

I used a flourish die and embossed the four corners of my card front. I sponged over them to bring out the embossing. 

I stamped the flower and coloured it with Spectrum Noir markers. I die cut it and then cut out a mat. I used one of the markers to colour the edge of the mat so that it would match. I also coloured a piece of ribbon and the mat for the card front.

I stamped the sentiment, attached the ribbon and popped up the flower with foam squares. I adhered everything to a white card base.

I used these products:

Gina K. Designs Especially For You stamp set
                            White layering weight and base weight cardstock
Spellbinders Shapeabilities Die D-Lites Corner Flourish die
Stampabilities Violet dye ink
Memento Tuxedo Black ink
Spectrum Noir markers: HB1, HB2, HB3, CT2, CT4
Dies that came with my Evolution Advanced machine
Foam squares and ribbon from my stash


2 comments:

  1. That is so beautiful. I am not sure I can make my new machine do that technique with the dies or not. And, this week is pretty full so might have to wait until after Easter before I try it. But I sure do love the results you got. Love the colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a lovely card! You are very talented. Thanks for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one.