Sunday 10 January 2016

Just Because card

Today I have a card that I made for three challenges: Mod Squad Challenge Blog - Ombre Technique;  StampTV MIUM - Just Because!; and StampTV Kit Addicts - Brick Wall.


I started with a piece of ivory cardstock and sponged 4 colours of brown to create the ombre effect. Then I scored the brick wall pattern and went over the score lines with a white pen to make them stand out slightly.

I  inked the flowers and leaves and stamped them. I coloured in the smaller flowers with a marker. I got a PixScan for Christmas so I tried it out and cut out the images with my Cameo. I realized after I had the card finished that I should have cut out the middle of the images! 

I didn't have a 'just because' type of sentiment, so I wrote the sentiment with my Silhouette sketch pen and trimmed it to a rectangle. I matted the sentiment, attached a piece of ribbon and attached the sentiment. I matted the brick layer and attached the whole thing to an ivory card base.

I used the following products:

Gina K. Designs stamps: Love and Prayers; Birthday Blessings
Ink: Stampin' Up! Crumb Cake; Memento Rich Cocoa; ColorBox Chalk Chestnut Roan, ColorBox                   Pigment Brown, Orange and Green
Markers: Staedtler Fineliner: Orange, Yellow; Silhouette sketch pen: White, Brown
ribbon and cardstock from my stash



2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card and love those colors together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous, Dawn! Your flowers look awesome against that pretty brick background! Thanks so much for playing in our Ombre Technique challenge over at Mod Squad Challenge Blog!
    Hugs,
    Leslie, Mod Squad Challenge Co-Host
    Love To Scrap!
    Love To Scrap! Challenge Blog DT
    Really Reasonable Ribbon DT
    House of Cards DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one.