Saturday 18 April 2015

Black Dahlia card

The challenge this week on StampTV is to make a card that has something to do with a movie, or movie title. I chose The Black Dahlia. I'm not sure if the flower I used is actually a dahlia, but it looked pretty close to me! I am also entering this in the Mod Squad Wheel in the Color challenge.  Here is my finished card.



I wanted to try a folding card and I found this twist fold card. I stamped the flower, coloured it with Spectrum Noir markers and used the coordinating die to cut it out. I stamped the leaves and die cut them. I stamped the sentiment and die cut it with the flower die although it looks smaller than the flower in the picture. 

I scored and folded the base, added the patterned paper and then adhered the flower and sentiment. I just used tape as I thought the card had enough dimension with the twist fold.

The are the supplies I used:

Gina K Designs Birthday Blessings stamp set, Happy Birthday to You stamp set, Coordinating dies, Delicate Essentials patterned paper and Green Grass cardstock

Spectrum Noir markers - True Black, IG5, IG8, IG10, Blender pen

Memento Tuxedo Black and Stampin' Up! Certainly Celery ink

Tombow Mono Adhesive tape



3 comments:

  1. It looks like a dahlia to me. I really like your idea for the card using the products you did. And love the fun fold of it as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would definitely call that a black dahlia. Love the twist fold, wonderful idea. Great take on the challenge, thanks so much for participating this week at the Mod Squad Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Dawn, thank you for dropping by my blog to comment and to follow you have been selected as week 3 winner of my stamp giveaway, please check here for details

    http://karangerber.blogspot.ca/2015/04/week-3-stamp-giveaway-winner.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one.