Friday 27 March 2015

Stamped Background

This card is for the new release challenge on StampTV. We were asked to create background paper using stamps and ink. Here is my card.



I stamped the background and 'painted' the flowers with a paintbrush that I ran across the top of the ink pad. It gave a subtle colour but enough to fill in the flowers. I matted the background paper with the green cardstock after I cut out the die from the middle. It looks like it's a different colour in the picture. Maybe that's because it has a wider border on the focal image. I added a piece of sheer ribbon from my stash and popped up the focal image with some foam dots.

I used stamps from the Gina K Designs Fabulous Frame and Birthday Blessings sets, and Grass Green and White pure luxury cardstock. For ink, I used Tim Holtz Peeled Paint distress ink, Stampabilities Violet ink and Stampin' Up! Summer Sun ink. I also used two dies from the set that came with the Genius Platform System.

1 comment:

  1. I love your gorgeous background. Such pretty colors you used on it. And, the whole card design is super wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one.