Sunday 15 March 2015

Embossed Flower Card

I made this card for two challenges this week. StampTV asked us to have heat embossing and colouring on our card. The Mod Squad Challenge Blog asked us to have a flower as our focal image.



For the Mod Squad Challenge if we use a stamp by Melanie Muenchinger we get an extra entry, so I chose the flower from the Square Pegs set. I stamped it with VersaMark ink all over a piece of Gina K layering weight white cardstock and embossed it with Recollections Snow embossing powder. I sponged VersaMagic Purple Hydrangea, Spring Pansy, and Pixie Dust chalk ink and ColorBox Yellow Ochre fluid chalk ink over the background.

On a smaller piece of white cardstock I stamped and embossed three more flowers, this time with Ebony embossing powder so that the focal image would stand out. I coloured in the flowers with Spectrum Noir markers PL2, PL3, PL4, CT2, CT4, PP2 and BP3. I stamped the sentiment from the Birthday Blessings set in Memento Tuxedo Black ink.

I layered the focal image with a piece of pink cardstock and the background with black using Tombow Mono Adhesive and put it onto a white Gina K base weight card base. I popped up the focal image with some foam squares and added the bow with a mini Glue Dot. The pink and black cardstock and the ribbon are from my stash.




2 comments:

  1. Very pretty card, love the background too. Thank you so much for participating this week at the Mod Squad Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. That certainly fits both challenges and I just love the spring like colors you used too! Beautiful card design.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one.