Sunday 29 March 2015

Birthday Spotlight

On StampTV this week, the challenge is to make a spotlight card. You have an image that is just stamped and then a portion is coloured in, making a spotlight of colour.




I didn't have a large image stamp so I made my own by stamping and masking. This made it hard to duplicate, so instead of making a second image and colouring that, I just matted a circle and coloured on my main image. The edge isn't quite as crisp as I would like but I think it works. I sponged some gray ink in the circle and then a bit over the entire focal image to give a bit of shadow and some cranberry around the edge.

I die cut some corner flourishes and stamped the sentiment and the end of the leaf stamp. I think I should have stamped a little further in as it looks kind of like a lime wedge stuck on! I sponged some gray ink over the whole piece and some cranberry around the edge. 

Here are the supplies I used:

Stamps: Gina K Designs Birthday Blessings and Happy Birthday to You sets
Cardstock: Gina K Designs Pure Luxury White and Cranberry Tart
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, VersaFine Smokey Gray, ColorBox Cranberry
Spectrum Noir Markers: DR1, DR4, DR6, JG2, JG5
Spellbinders Shapeabilities Die D-Lites Corner Flourish

1 comment:

  1. Dawn, this is so gorgeous. I love the colors of the blooms that you spotlighted too. An overall great layout and so beautiful too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one.