Sunday 8 February 2015

Flower in water

On the Mod Squad Challenge Blog this week we are asked to have water on our card. It can be watercolour, water in a scene, stamped, sponged or anything that has to do with water. I chose to have a tiny scene of a flower floating in some water.



I started by colouring the background with Spectrum Noir markers and then I used the die cut for the flower, stamped it and coloured it with the markers, as well. I die cut a shape and used the negative for the focal image border and cut another small one for the sentiment. I stamped the sentiment and sponged around the edge of the die cut.

I adhered the water image onto a white card base, taped on the flower, used foam squares on the frame and taped on the sentiment.

I used the following products:
Spectrum Noir markers TB1, TB3, TB4, TB5, BT7, HB1, HB2, LG2, LG4, LG5, LY1, Blender Pen
Gina K Designs Fabulous Frame set and die cut
Memento Tuxedo Black ink, Stampin' Up! Brilliant Blue ink
Genius Ultimate Platform System dies
Bazzill Basics Simply Smooth white cardstock.

3 comments:

  1. That is a great idea and so many times we do see just a single bloom floating in water. Nice coloring too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful take on the water, very pretty card. Thanks for joining us at the Mod Squad Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Dawn! Have a Blessed day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one.