Saturday 17 January 2015

Sponged card

The new Birthday Essentials Stamp TV kit was released on Thursday and the Release Party challenge is to have sponging on your card. I sponged the background of the card.


It is cold here today (-14 C) so I felt like making a winter card. I love the combination of the colour blue and snowflakes. I used Stampin' Up! Brilliant Blue, Ballet Blue and Bashful Blue to sponge the background. I used Recollections Glitz embossing powder over the whole background and heat set it. Then I stamped the snowflakes from the Gina K Designs Snow Frame set with Versamark and used Recollections Snow embossing powder.

I stamped the frame from the set with Versamark on a sheet of vellum and embossed it with the Snow embossing powder. I stamped the sentiment (from the Gina K Designs Fabulous Frame set) in Brilliant Blue and used Recollections Clear embossing powder on it. 

I used some brads, which I embossed to make them white, to attach the vellum to the background and then used some foam squares to attach the background to a white card base.



2 comments:

  1. Your card is gorgeous in every detail. I love the glitz you achieved by using the embossing powder over all the background. Hope the cold leaves and you will be warmer soon. We are in a January thaw right now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the glitzy background! Super colors, super everything!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one.