Friday 30 January 2015

D is for Daisy

This week there is an interesting challenge on Stamp TV. We are asked to use an image that starts with the first letter of our Stamp TV name. Mine starts with D so I chose a daisy for my focal image.


I came across a die cut that I got in a grab bag and thought it would be a good frame for my focal image. I used Versamark ink on the back of the die cut and embossed it with Martha Stewart antique gold embossing powder. I folded the half circles and tucked them under the adjoining circle to make the frame.

I stamped the double daisy stamp from the Gina K Designs Love and Prayers set with ColorBox Frost White ink onto a brown card base. I coloured the middle of the flowers and the stems with a Versamark marker and embossed them with Stampendous Sunny Yellow pastel opaque embossing powder. I used Spectrum Noir markers CT4, CG4 and DG3 to colour over the embossing powder. Because the white ink was being absorbed into the cardstock I went over it with a white Faber-Castell PITT pen.

I stamped the sentiment, from the Gina K Designs Fabulous Frame set, with white ink and embossed it with Recollections Snow embossing powder. I punched it out with a 1 1/2 inch ek tools punch. I used the inside circle from the die cut, marked around the outside with a Sakura metallic gold pen and adhered the sentiment onto it.

I used foam squares to attach the frame, flat tape for the sentiment and a glue dot to attach the bow which I made from some ribbon from my stash.

1 comment:

  1. This is awesome Dawn! I love the colors involved in it too. Great design!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one.