Sunday 14 December 2014

Marble background card

There is a new 12 Days of Christmas Stamp TV Event starting today. Each day there will be a new challenge. Today's challenge is to use a marble background on your project. You can see how to do this technique here.



I'm thinking that these will be clean and simple cards as I don't have a lot of spare time right now. I'm sure most other people are the same!  

I used Stampin' Up! Copper metallic ink refill with the marbles. When I first put it on the red cardstock it had a shine but that seemed to disappear as it dried, so now it just looks like tone on tone. I stamped the sentiment in VersaFine Onyx Black and the snowflakes in ColorBox Scarlet. Both of these stamps are from the Gina K Designs Fabulous Holiday Fillers set. I used a die from the Spellbinders Shapeabilities Jar Labels set and cut the top and bottom of the white cardstock but not the sides. I layered everything onto a white card base and added a bow with a mini Glue Dot.

2 comments:

  1. Quite lovely look! I hope I can play but life is really hectic these days. But I like the idea and not sure I even have one marble in the place. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Verna, find your marbles and PLAY! Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one.