Saturday 15 November 2014

Christmas Tag

After a fairly warm fall so far, the weather turned cold yesterday and today. It got me in the mood to make a Christmas tag for the Mod Squad Challenge Blog - Tag Time. I decided to use traditional colours - red and green.



I used a Spellbinders Shapeabilites from the Labels and Tags set to cut the top of the tag and the white piece. When I ran it through my Cuttlebug I put the C plate on just the top of the die so only the top would cut. I trimmed the very top of the white piece so it would fit better.

I inked up the main part of the image (by PSX) in Fresh Green ColorBox ink and stamped it. I then inked up the poinsettia in Cranberry ColorBox ink and stamped it using the Stamp a ma jig. I wanted it to pop a bit so I went over it with Spectrum Noir marker DR4. I used CT4 to colour in the middle.

The background needed something so I stamped a snowflake, from my stash, with VersaMark ink. I used Recollections clear embossing powder and Glitter Ritz warm highlights micro glitter to give some sparkle.

I used the Spellbinders Layered Poinsettia die to cut out the smallest 3 layers and curled them slightly to give some shape. I stacked them, punched out a yellow circle for the middle, glued them together and adhered the poinsettia to the tag with a Glue Dot. I punched a hole in the tag and threaded a piece of green ribbon through.

One tag finished for my Christmas presents - many more to go!  

3 comments:

  1. Pretty little tag! I love your snowflake background. Thanks so much for joining in our challenge this week at Mod Squad! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely tag you created. I wish I had been able to join the challenge but life has been too hectic this past week. Maybe another time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! Your snowflakes are so delicate and sparkly - I love them!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one.