Sunday 17 August 2014

Masculine Birthday

I didn't have too much time to make a card this week because I was away. So I came up with a quick and easy card for the Mod Squad Blog challenge: Masculine Birthday. What took me the longest was finding the right paper for the image I had in my head!!


It was hard to get a good picture of this because I wanted to show that the paper at the bottom had some shimmer but I also wanted to make sure you could see the pattern. 

I used a brown card base, cut the patterned paper at an angle and attached it. I used some tan cardstock, stamped a cracked paint pattern on it and trimmed it to an arrow shape. I used a darker brown shade of cardstock, stamped a diamond shaped pattern on it and trimmed it. I attached the two pieces together with a brad and used some foam tape to adhere them to the card.

I stamped the sentiment above the two arrow pieces and I was done!

Here are the items I used to make the card.

Cardstock: American Craft and Bazzill Basics
Patterned paper: DCWV
Cracked paint stamp: Stampin' Up
Diamond stamp: Hero Arts
Sentiment: Jennifer Ellory, Bake a Cake set
Ink: Chestnut - Recollections; Rich Cocoa - Memento; White - ColorBox
Brad, tape and foam squares: from my stash



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one.