Friday 1 August 2014

Blue and Brown card

This week I am combining 3 challenges in one card. The challenge at the Mod Squad Blog is I've Got the Blues!, on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge we are to be inspired by the letter J and the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge is Anything Goes. I looked at this chair stamp and thought the fabric looked like Jacquard so that is my J inspiration!



I started by stamping the chair image (Stampendous) on some blue cardstock with Memento Rich Cocoa ink. I cut it out and embossed it using a scalloped oval die. I am not sure of the manufacturer as I purchased the set second hand. I cut out a larger oval from brown cardstock.

I stamped the sentiment (Inkadinkado) with Rich Cocoa onto a piece of cream cardstock and cut it out with a small die from the set and embossed it. I sponged around the outside with some Martha Stewart Blue Sky ink and then went around the edge with some of the Rich Cocoa.

I  laid everything on the cream card base and it looked a little bare so I used a stamp from the Mini Images Compilation set by Quietfire Design to make a background. I stamped the image with the Blue Sky and Rich Cocoa in lines, trying to match the ends of the stamp. I adhered the blue cardstock onto the brown and onto the card base with Tombow Mono Adhesive and used Pop Dots on the sentiment.

3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful vintage design! Thanks so much for playing along with us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great card, great vintage feel to it.

    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Wednesday Challenge this week.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card! The color combo and the pattern complements the antique chair perfectly. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one.