Saturday 23 August 2014

Beach card

This week on the Mod Squad Challenge Blog our task was to create a project inspired by all things coastal. I decided to do a beach themed card.  I am also entering the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge - Anything Goes.




I started with some watercolour paper and cut it on a slant to make a cascade card. I dabbed some ink onto an acrylic block, added water and painted the water and sand. I made a darker line at the top of the sand to show that the sand was wet from the water. I stamped the images onto paper, scanned them into my computer, traced, offset and cut them out with my Silhouette Cameo. I then stamped onto the cutouts and sponged the edges. I stamped the sentiment with black ink. I probably should have used brown ink but I wanted to colour in the sun and wasn't sure how the ink would react to the Spectrum Noir markers. I also added a bit of colour to the shell stamp. I used tape to attach the sentiment and used foam squares for the other images.  

Here are the products I used:

Paper - Hilroy watercolour paper, Bazzill Basics Simply Smooth
Ink - Tim Holtz Salty Ocean
      - Adirondack Cabin Fever
      - Stampin' Up Peach Parfait and Elegant Eggplant
      - Memento Tuxedo Black
Stamps - Inkadinkado Turtle, Fish and Seahorse
            - unknown Shells and Sentiment
Spectrum Noir markers - CT2, CT4, GB5, OR1





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one.