Monday 7 July 2014

Mini card

This week on the Mod Squad Challenge Blog the challenge is to make mini cards. I am just getting this in under the wire as I have been away.




Since it is a mini card I decided to make it a note card and thought the perfect note was a music note! The note is from a stamp from Recollections. It has a treble clef and four notes so I masked off all but the one note and stamped it with Memento Tuxedo Black. I used the same ink for the sentiment which is from Hero Arts.

I used a background stamp by Anna Griffin All Night Media and used Tim Holtz Picked Raspberry Distress ink. I stamped off first on scrap paper because I wanted a subtler background. For the card base I used a Cuttlebug embossing folder from the Just my Type Borders set. Since it was just a border I had to emboss and then line it up and emboss again all the way down the front. It ended up a little bit crooked as you can see.

I layered the two smaller pieces with black cardstock and adhered all the layers with Tombow Mono Adhesive. I used a piece of string and made my own baker's twine using Spectrum Noir marker BP6. I threaded the twine through a button, tied a bow and attached it with a mini Glue Dot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one.