Friday 6 June 2014

Masculine Anniversary card

Today I am combining three challenges into one card. The Mod Squad Challenge is an anniversary card, the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge is to make something to do with magic and the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge is a masculine or Father's day card. So this is a masculine anniversary card with some magic!!




I started with this gorgeous stamp from Quietfire Design. I love what the sentiment says as well as the beautiful calligraphy. I stamped it with green Pamass pigment ink and embossed it with Recollections clear embossing powder. I cut it out with a die from Spellbinders Shapeabilities Jar Labels set. I embossed it and then while the paper was still in the die I sponged it with the green ink.

I decided to go with a monochromatic look so I chose some green paper for the background.  I stamped a music stamp, that I think I got at Michaels, a few times and embossed it with the clear embossing powder.  I used the Happy Anniversary stamp from Hero Arts and stamped and embossed as before. I used the Treble Clef stamp from the Hampton Art 7 Gypsies Very Beautiful set, embossed it and fussy cut it.

I layered the sentiment onto the background, added a piece of ribbon and popped up the Happy Anniversary with some half inch pop dots.

So what does this have to do with magic, you ask?  Well for me, music is magical. It can take me on a journey of emotions and memories. I also think falling in love is magical so the Anniversary card reminds me of that.

4 comments:

  1. Wow! I was so impressed at this card and how it reflects so many different challenge themes! But my favorite was how you interpreted our "magic" theme! I, too, am so moved and inspired by music, so I loved to see a card expressing those emotions. And what a beautiful card it is! The monochromatic color scheme is so lovely and that quote deserves to be the focal point! I love how you used music in the background, too! Wonderful card with a wonderful message and I'm so glad you shared it with us here at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card, Dawn! I love the sentiment. Thanks so much for playing along with the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Father's Day or Masculine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful monochromatic design! A perfect masculine anniversary card! Thanks for playing along with us at Mod Squad!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one.