Friday 30 May 2014

Father's Day card

So Father's Day is coming up soon and some of the challenges this week were for masculine cards. I thought I might actually get my Father's day card made early!



I started with a piece of photo paper for the background. I didn't want it to be too dark and the photo paper doesn't absorb as much ink. I stamped an Inkadinkado design of a cluster of shells with VersaMark ink all over the paper. I embossed it with Recollections Clear embossing powder and then sponged Brilliant Blue Stampin' Up ink all over. I used a paper towel to wipe the ink off of the embossed design.

I then stamped the lighthouse stamp by stampcraft in the Brilliant Blue and coloured it in with Bic Mark It markers in Deep Sea Blue, Rambunctious Red, Woodsy Brown and a touch of Forest Green at the bottom. I used Star Dust Stickles in the windows at the top and down the side. The sentiment from my stash was also stamped with the Brilliant Blue. Both of these pieces were sponged with the Brilliant Blue and all of the pieces were layered with blue American Craft cardstock.

I wanted a bit more red on the card so I punched the bottom of the card with the ek tools zebra punch and put a piece of red cardstock behind it. Then I adhered everything together and popped up the sentiment with some pop dots.

I am entering this card in the following challenges:

Hiding in my Craft Room - Let's Hear it for the Boy
Mod Squad Challenge Blog  - Patriotic Thank You
Simon Says Stamp Blog - Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful card for Dad. Love all the texture on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just lovely Dawn! What a beautiful background! Thanks so much for playing along with Mod Squad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so sweet, Dawn! I love the detail on the bottom of the card. Thanks so much for playing along with the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Anything Goes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one.