Saturday 17 May 2014

Die Cuts

Today I have a card with a few die cuts on it.  There were two challenges that I could combine. One needed die cuts and the other was a sketch challenge that needed Hero Arts stamps. I happened to have a set with stamps and matching dies from Hero Arts so it fit perfectly.


I started with some textured cardstock from American Crafts. I used the Flowers and Butterflies set from Sizzix - Hero Arts. I stamped the leaves with Tim Holtz distress ink in Mowed Lawn. For the flower I used Scarlet ColorBox pigment ink and the butterfly was stamped with Yellow Ochre ColorBox fluid chalk ink. I used the coordinating dies to cut them out. I stamped the sentiment and flowers, also Hero Arts, trimmed it down and rounded the edges. I used more Scarlet ColorBox ink to sponge the edges. I added a piece of Bazzill Basics paper tape along the left edge and used Tombow Mono adhesive to attach the flower, leaves and sentiment. I stuck the butterfly on with some Hampton Art foam dots.

I am entering this card into 2 challenges:
Simon Says Stamp Blog - Die Crazy
Hero Arts Sketch Challenge



1 comment:

  1. Beautiful card! Love all of the pretty stamping!!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one.