Saturday 24 May 2014

Air balloons

Today I have a card that I made for two challenges.  The Mod Squad Challenge Blog has a sketch to follow and the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog wants us to use something to do with Vacation or Travel.  I decided to use hot air balloons on my card.



I found some great background paper that was perfect with the balloons. I cut out the oval shapes with my Cuttlebug, stamped the images and cut them out. I sponged the edges of the ovals and adhered the balloons. I stamped the sentiment on the smaller oval.

I used some washi tape and a piece of very thin ribbon to cover up the join between the washi tapes. I popped the ovals up to give it some dimension and I was done!

These are the supplies I used:
amy tangerine paper
scalloped oval dies
Hampton Art stamps
Colorbox cranberry pigment ink
Colorbox yellow ochre fluid chalk ink
StampCraft violet die ink
All Night Media autumn rainbow dye ink
Inkadinkado sentiment stamp
Bazzill Basics paper tape
Recollections washi tape
ribbon from my stash

4 comments:

  1. Very fun! I like your images paired with the fun patterned paper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fun and cheery card design. And, I agree the paper works well with the balloons.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful card. Great hot air-balloons, and background paper. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card, love those hot air balloons.
    Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one.